Monday, March 12, 2012

The Days Leading Up To ICL Surgery

Since the YAG went well, I was honestly less nervous about the surgery (although still anxious to get it done).  Starting 3 days before the surgery, I had to use the 2 different eye drops (Nevanac & Vigamox) 3 times a day. 

Those little drops are expensive.  I called the eye doctor (where I was getting surgery) and asked for samples.  They had Nevanac sample and were able to give me that one.   (That saved me around $130!)  I had to buy the Vigamox, which was about $90.  (My insurance didn't cover much.)  Luckily I went to Kroger Pharmacy when they had a 'transfer prescription and get $25 for groceries', which was a little relief to the growing amount I was spending on "new eyes"!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was able to get the generic version of Pred Forte, (Prednisolone Acetate), which was only around $12 with my insurance (again, my insurance isn't that great).

No problems with the drops...just anxiety about the surgery.

Note:  Shake all the drops before you use them.  I don't think you should use them while wearing contacts, but consult your doctor.  Also, I think it's helpful to put your head back, place the drop in and then move your eye around (looking right to left and up & down) to help the drop fully penetrate the eye...but again, consult your doctor.

1 comment:

  1. im curious to know what happens 5 or 10 years down the road?? does the lens become a problem, do they wear out, anything else??

    ReplyDelete