Wednesday, February 1, 2012

You're Telling Me I Have to Wear My Glasses for Two Weeks?

Finally in early 2012, it came time to order new contacts.  I also thought I should go ahead and get new glasses (mine are a few prescriptions old, have a crack down the left lens and are just beat up).  My husband asked me if I was still considering ICL.  I was contemplating it, but jeez, $7k could be a down-payment on a house (or part of one anyways).  He convinced me that it was worth it and that now is a good time to go through with the surgery (no kids, we own our own business for we make our own schedule, etc).  I did a ton of research, found some helpful reviews, etc.


So, I called up Midwest Eye Center and said "I'm ready to have the surgery - can I schedule a date" excited and wanting to just get it done.


I had no idea about the ENTIRE ICL surgery process.  They described to me that I couldn't wear my contacts for 2 weeks prior to the first pre-surgery appointment.  WHAT?!  I had a minor freak out.  (Remember, the condition of my glasses I described above.)  Oh, and there were many appointments that are associated with this surgery.  I called my husband with a minor panic attack.  He told me to just suck it up and wear my beat up glasses.  

I called back and scheduled the first appointment, took out my contacts, and put on my glasses.  Oh my, I was a sight for sure.  They were crooked on my face (no matter what I did to try to fix them) but I got use to the crack and just laughed at myself.  My husband even tried to fill in the parts where the paint (or whatever it is) had fallen off with a sharpie...then quickly concluded it didn't look any better.  Oh well.  I got use to it.   

Although, my nose was ready to lose the glasses – deep red marks where the glasses were cutting into my nose.  I just was not use to wearing them for more than a minute (to get from the bathroom to my bed).  

I did wear my contacts for about 1-2 hours on some days, during that 2 weeks.  I was told this would be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment